12 Easy Steps to Realizing Your Successful Website
We want to make this as easy and simple as possible. Below details our developmental processes of which you are a part of every step of the way. Please read below our step-by-step procedure so you are fully aware of what to expect from us and the efforts needed to design and build a successful website for you.
- Initial Consultation: A no-charge 30 minute "get to know you" session to talk about your business needs, goals and what you want your website to accomplish. We’ll briefly discuss your target market and review any functionality that you wish to have on your site.
- Website Statement of Work or Estimate Proposal: A PDF document is emailed to you that summarizes our initial discussion, outlines the design and website build details, the costs involved, as well as what we plan to do. If you have any questions/concerns, you’ll let us know so we can clarify any points needing explanation. If you agree to the estimate, you send an email confirmation to mark the beginning of our business arrangement.
- Terms and Conditions: Our terms and conditions are found on this website here which outlines our mutual responsibilities and covers the legalities of our working relationship. A 50% down payment is required before we start work on your project.
- Domain and Web Host Registration: If not already done, we will assist in finding and registering your domain names(s) as well as setting up your web hosting account. If we are building a brand new site, we will put an “Under Construction” landing page on your home page while we build the site behind the scenes.
- Design Mock-up: The first step is to create a design mock-up of your website. This process requires your full participation and feedback to ensure we ultimately end up with a design that all parties are fully happy with. (note: If we are also designing your brand, your logo will be designed first before we can start on the website design.)
- Content: If needed, we’ll send you a Word doc to help you organize the text and graphics you want on your website. If you need assistance in writing the text, let us know as soon as possible as this is an extra service not included unless notified.
- Build Website: Once the design mock-up has been approved by you, we then begin to build the website in HTML/PHP code or using a CMS system such as WordPress or Drupal.
- Quality Assurance: To ensure a search engine friendly website, we validate and optimize the code and supplied text. We also ensure the site looks as it should in the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome and others.
- Testing: We fully test, often with your participation, any functionality the website features to ensure it works as it should across all common browsers as above.
- Final Approval and Launch: Once the site is ready to go live, we remove the “Under Construction” page and officially launch the site. Champagne is extra. 🙂
- Maintenance Mode: Once your site is live and our initial arrangement is complete, we won’t leave you high and dry – we then embark into a “maintenance” mode where any additions/changes you want to have done are billed by the hour, in 10-minute increments. We will update your site as requested (with a prompt turn-around time), and are able to add on any extra goodies you think of to keep making it a viable marketing tool for years to come.
Ongoing Efforts: As part of our on-going services, we will promote your site to our network of clients through our eNewsletter and through our eVision Media website and even social media channels. We will also offer ideas and suggestions to help continue your branding and promotion efforts for as long as you want us to.
You may also want to consider utilizing our SEO/SEM services so that your website can be easily found by your target market via the search engines.
Are you ready to get started? If you haven’t done so already, fill out this form for a free “get to know you” session and we will work with you to help your dreams of a successful business come true!