It’s been a tough year, perhaps one of the toughest for many of you.
The need for changes of all kind has been shaking things up in dramatic ways affecting your businesses and relationships, living situations and your health. The more you have resisted the call for change, the harder may have been your experience.
As the dust settles, you have a choice to make: will you keep recreating the past or will you heed the clarion call for change?
Wising Up: The Need For Change
You are a powerful being with an amazing set of gifts and talents. So, whether you are having difficulty getting your business up and running, or you are new to having your own business, or you’ve been in business a long time already, let’s take a look at some potential reasons why you might still be in survival versus ‘thrival.’
As you read the list, notice what stands out, resonates with you or produces a charge in your body: that one’s got your name on it. Make a note of it and increase your awareness so you can catch it in the moment.
Life is an awareness game and we can’t change what we are not aware of. But you can raise your awareness by trying out different stuff. For example many people try out shooting from guns and if you like it then you should check out airsoft rifles from https://www.googgun.com/best-airsoft-rifle-for-sale/
Why are you still in survival?
- Are you working at cross-purposes to yourself: do you limit yourself by seeing sales as the opposite of service, or by saying you want something but not matching your actions to your words?
- Do you know what you don’t know: are you working in a vacuum and not analyzing your feedback?
- Is information overload causing a brain fade: do you have a plan that focuses on what you do want to learn so you don’t waste valuable time reading emails that don’t serve your direction.
(TIP: Unsubscribe if it doesn’t serve you.)
- Do you have a clear vision of where you want to go and a plan for getting there: or do you feel like you are like batting in the dark?
Perhaps you leapt into running your own business, without really thinking it through? This lack of vision allows you to be seduced off the path again and again.
- Does your disorganization minimize your effectiveness: do you “spray and pray” versus precisely targeting, aiming and reaping the result you want? Or do you practice “fire-ready-aim” instead of “ready-aim-fire?”
TIP: Investigate systems. E.g., Lead Capture System, social media plan, writing schedule, etc.
- Outstanding survival issues from the past or past lives: it’s time to let go of your stories, outdated beliefs and old hurts and wounds now.
- Not grounded and centered, present in your body: you set yourself up for failure when you are not grounded.
Your lack of being grounded can result in your being untrustworthy (you say things without truly being connected to yourself, forget what you said and don’t keep agreements), disorganized and scattered, and in overwhelm, leaving you open for being energy-sapped by others.
- You give your power away, play small, dim your light, compare yourselves to others and find yourselves lacking: Do you hang out with people who cannot see you or your value?
This is a set up for failure and disappointment. Comparing yourself to others is a no win game: whether you determine you are less than or better than – you have still created separation.
- Your negative and fearful thoughts are keeping you stuck: there’s only fear and love. When you are in fear you are not connected to your love and are pushing it away.
You do choose the thoughts you think, so why choose to think a fearful thought when you could be thinking a loving and supportive thought? Your fear thoughts attack you and undermine you, weakening your impact and results.
- You have other peoples’ energy sapping you: you might not even be aware of this. Many of you are dragging other people along energetically, allowing them to cord into your life force energy and drain you.
Pay attention to how you feel after you have been with a client or colleague – do you feel energized or depleted?
The Benefits of Change
Now, let’s look at the benefits of change because if you don’t see the benefit, why would you bother to cultivate the required new behaviors that will take you into great success and fulfillment?
- Increased health and well-being: balancing work/play/rest is the formula for getting the most out of life and, as a side benefit, you will bring your best self to your business!
For some of you, it might take rethinking your lifestyle, creating new agreements with yourself, re-prioritizing what truly matters. If you allow your business to invade you 24/7 you are not taking the time to “refill the well,” so to speak.
We’re all discovering, as did Arianna Huffington, that it is not sustainable over the long haul.
- End old patterns of isolation: Research reinforces that entrepreneurs are the loneliest people: and, not only is that not good for business it is also not good for your health.
We know that with mile-long to-do lists, socializing may feel like a luxury but actually great ideas come from unexpected places, as do opportunities for connection and building alliances. Human beings are social beings (there are very few true recluses in the world); we all need to belong to a community, to a like-minded tribe.
This is not a going it alone lifetime, so stop trying to do it all yourself!
- Increased effectiveness: do less and accomplish more. We’ve been programmed by the male success model and are still operating as though we need to be available 24/7!
This kind of thinking has caused unprecedented numbers of suicides and sudden deaths in Japan and is a very strong warning to the rest of us that life is a question of balance.
- End old patterns of survival and financial struggle: open to a new reality of sustained abundance. Survival is in most everyone’s DNA and ancestral lineage. Instead of accepting struggle as the status quo on the earth plane, we can now let go of this programming and live as we intended in this life. It’s time!
- Stop supporting the old success model and being a part of the problem: instead let’s be a part of the solution.
As we know from the story of “The 100th Monkey,” it only takes a tiny percentage of people to change before the world follows suit. Let’s seize our courage and be a trailblazer, and an agent for change.
- End patterns of confusion: connect with your purpose, and play ‘full out’ (whatever that means to you). Confusion comes from inner and outer clutter. Inner clutter comprises of your “should do’s.”
For example, what you think you should be doing, like, “I should be rich and successful by now,” or “I should be focusing on being a good mother, not a successful entrepreneur.”
The problem when you take your “shoulds” seriously is that they drown out your inner guidance system weakening your ability to decide what you really want and value.
- Inner clutter also comes from allowing fear thoughts, the voice of your inner critic and other people’s opinions, to dominate and paralyze you.
What a ruckus! Outer clutter has an effect too! Piles of clutter contain “energy cooties” that deplete your energy, enthusiasm and motivation. However busy I was, I recognized the need to tidy my office before starting any task, and it saved me time and frustration in the long run!
When your environment is messy, it affects the clarity of your thinking, you waste time trying to find what you need and your self worth takes a dive. Hard to produce a quality piece of work with all of that going on!
You will get the most out of any new undertaking if you sincerely understand and agree with the need for change and then fully commit to the new level of thinking and behaviors required.
It’s important to understand the difference between being committed and being interested. When you are committed, you will do whatever it takes, when you are interested you will only do what is convenient.
If you particularly resonated with one of the ideas in this article, start there!
It takes three weeks to change a behavior so make sure you have the new behavior integrated before picking another idea to implement. We call this, “baby steps.”
Baby steps are not overwhelming, and before you know it, baby step by baby step, you are in new territory!
I’d love to hear your comments and questions!
About the Author, Aimée Lyndon-Adams
Aimée Lyndon-Adams is both a seasoned corporate executive and a metaphysician practicing spiritual energy healing. She has provided coaching and healing sessions to individuals, couples and groups and has offered an energy management curriculum of training classes for many years. She is an articulate and charismatic speaker and facilitator.
Visit www.WhatTrulyMatters.com to claim instant access to your free gift for your juiciest life EVER!